Обзор крыльев EN-C
Новый Aspen 5 вошел в тройку лучших куполов по совокупности показателей для EN-C крыльев по результатам тестов от Zian Bassil - известного независимого тест-пилота Dust of Univers. Отмечено также, что он имеет наиболее интересные показатели на второй ступеньке акселератора из всех куполов ведущей группы. На полной скорости его характеристики подобны топовому Triton 2.
Полное содержание статьи https://www.facebook.com/groups/dustoftheuniverse/?ref=bookmarks
Easiest to manage in the category . 1 being most friendly user. (Most comfortable to fly for the average "C" pilot) : After many flights, some changes occurred…Constant feedback…
1- Alpina 2= Advance Sigma 9 = Mac Elan
2- ADVANCE Sigma 8 25 = Artik 4 25
3- GRADIENT Aspen 4 26 = Triple seven Queen
4- NIVIUK Artic 3 = AD Volt SM =BGD Tala M = Ozone Delta 2 = Cayenne 4 =SOL Lotus one M
5- GRADIENT Aspen 5 26 =U-Turn Passion SM = Carrera = Sky Argos
6- MacPara Marvel 25 = UP Trango XC 2
7-NOVA Triton 2 S
Handling in rough air: (The one that you can turn even in rough air)
1- Gradient Aspen 4 ! (Superb) = Alpina 2 = Sigma 9 = Artik 4 25
2- Nova Factor 2 = Artic 3 = Cayenne 4 S = Ozone Delta 2 = Triple seven Queen = Carrera= Elan= Triton 2 S
3- U-Turn Passion SM= BGD Tala M= Argos=Aspen 5 26 =SOL Lotus one M
4- OZONE Alpina 1 M = UP Trango XC 2 S/M = ADVANCE
5- UP Summit XC2 M = Marvel 25 = Delta M =AD Volt SM
6- Artic 3 Race
Performance in calm air at trim speed (no activity):
1-Triton 2 S
2-Triple seven Queen M
3- NIVIUK Artic 3 Race = Cayenne 4 S= BGD Tala = Alpina 2 = Carrera= Aspen 5 26 = SOL Lotus one M= Artik 4 25
4- NIVIUK Artic 3 = U-Turn Passion S/M =UP Trango XC 2 S/M = AD Volt SM= Ozone Delta 2= Elan =Argos
5- Nova factor 2 S =Marvel 25 = Aspen 4 26= Sigma 9
6- Advance Sigma 8 25 & Ozone Alpina M & Ozone Delta M
7- U-Cross S
8- UP Summit XC2
Performance at "trim speed" in head wind glides and ‘Average’ turbulent conditions:
1-Triton 2 S = SOL Lotus one M
2-Triple seven Queen M
3- Alpina 2 = Aspen 5 = Artik 4 25
6- NIVIUK Artic 3 Race = U-Turn Passion SM = UP Trango XC 2= Ozone Delta 2= Elan =Argos
7- Skywalk Cayenne 4 = NIVIUK Artic 3 =AD Volt SM = BGD Tala= Sigma 9
Performance at " bar " in headwind glides and sudden lifts :
1- Triton 2 S =Triple Seven Queen M
2- Alpina 2= Aspen 5 = SOL Lotus one M
4- Carrera= Elan = UP Trango XC 2 S/M = Ozone Delta 2
5- NIVIUK Artic 3 Race = U-Turn Passion SM = BGD Tala= Sigma 9 =Argos = Artik 4 25
6- NIVIUK Artic 3 = Aspen 4 =Cayenne 4 S= AD Volt SM
7- Nova factor 2 S
Climb rate in weak but “difficult” conditions < 0.5 m/s (not homogenous thermals ,low in the inversion) :
1- SOL Lotus one M
2- U-Turn Passion S/M = Ozone Delta 2 ML= Elan
3- UP Trango XC 2 S/M= Delta 2 SM = Alpina 2 = Carrera M
3- NIVIUK Artic 3 = Marvel 25= Aspen 4 = Skywalk Cayenne 4 S = BGD Tala= Carrera S= Argos = Triton 2 S = Sigma 9 = Artik 4 25
5- Artic 3 Race = AD Volt SM = Triple seven Queen
Climb rate in punchy thermal conditions :
1-UP Trango XC 2 S/M = Ozone Delta 2 = Alpina 2 = Carrera M & S= Elan = Sol Lotus One
2-U-Turn Passion S/M = Cayenne 4 = Marvel 25 = Artic 3 Race = BGD Tala M= Argos = Triton 2 S
3-Artic 3 normal = Aspen 4= AD Volt SM = Triple seven Queen M = Sigma 9 = Artik 4 25
Brake description :
- Artik 4 25 : Moderate brake travel, linear , precise, agile .
-Sol Lotus, Short, moderate to hard, precise, linear.
-Triton 2 S, short, direct, linear, precise, average pressure.
- Aspen 5 26 , moderate brake travel, moderate to agile in turns, light.
- Sigma 9 Direct .
- Elan linear and direct,smooth.
- Argos Linear light to moderate and direct
- Triple seven Queen M ( relatively short and linear,precise,medium pressure,like D2 SM )
- Alpina 2 SM (soft,linear,longer than Delta 2 SM ,agile moderate to light pressure)
- Carrera S (shorter than Alpina SM,linear, precise, agile, moderate pressure)
- Ozone Delta 2 SM ,ML ( linear, short ,precise ,agile with moderate pressure)
- BGD Tala M (Long and linear, fairly precise in turbulent conditions, moderate to light pressure, forgiving)
- Nova factor 2 S (very direct and precise)
- NIVIUK Artic 3 (Linear, precise, agile)
- Skywalk Cayenne 4 S (Moderate pressure, Agile linear, forgiving, smooth!!)
- Gradient Aspen 4 26 (Agile,moderate,linear,forgiving,smooth)
- U-Cross S Direct and agile if the conditions are smooth, and a bit less in turbulent ,the glider must settle first)
- U-turn Passion SM ,light to moderate, linear ,agile.
- UP Trango Xc2 S/M ( medium pressure, precise, fairly agile, short)
- Marvel 25 (precise, moderate pressure, needs a bit of work in turbulent conditions)
- Ozone Alpina M (A bit longer than Factor 2 and a bit softer , more precise and shorter than the Delta M and much better turning behavior) 10-
- AD Volt SM ( Needs a bit time to enter the turn in moving conditions) - Niviuk Artic 3 Race
- Sigma 8 25 (very close in handling ,a bit long but still agile)
- UP Summit XC2 M (Long average agility to good)
- Ozone delta M (Soft ,long and average precision)
Most efficient C glider in overall XC flying - IMHO (1 being best) .
The one i personally feel that will gave me the most efficient XC for overall use.
1- Alpina 2 SM ( IMHO , It has still the best overall ratio of performance and efficiency with ease of use )
2-Triton 2 S = Sol Lotus One
3-Aspen 5 26 ( very efficient at second bar ! )
4- Ozone Delta 2 = Up Trango XC2 = U-turn Passion = Carrera M & S = Elan = Artik 4 25
5- BGD Tala M = Niviuk Artic 3, A3 Race, Skywalk Cayenne 4, Mac Para Marvel, Ozone Alpina M, AD Volt SM, Triple seven Queen M , Argos, Sigma 9 (Easy and solid)
ps: If the Queen M and the Triton 2 S climb would be slightly better for low saves, then it would have been my favorites !
Faster at second bar:
1- Queen M
2- Passion=Cayenne 4= Artic 3 Race = Aspen 4= Argos ,
3- Delta 2 = Sigma 8= Alpina 2= Sigma 9= Aspen 5 = Triton 2 S = Sol Lotus One = Artik 4 25
4- Trango XC2 = BGD Tala = Carrera= Elan
Big ears efficiency:
- Aspen 4 26 (very efficient in big ears) = Nova Factor 2 =Cayenne 4 S =
- Ozone Delta 2 = BGD Tala = Queen = Alpina 2 = Carrera (stable and efficient)= Sigma 9 =Elan =Argos = Sol Lotus One= Artik 4 25
Artic 3 = Artic 3 Race = U-Turn Passion SM =Triton 2 S (stable moderate ears ) =UP Trango XC 2 S/M= AD Volt SM = Aspen 5 26 .
- Marvel 25 ( moderate use of big ears-moves a bit)
Why did I choose the Alpina 2 SM as still efficient ? It is of course my personal taste. Different pilots will have other tastes and requirements…
For me it is simply because the overall flying feeling and the handling in different conditions is still very rewarding. The Triton 2 S has the BEST performance but moves a lot more and requires much more energy from the pilot to control it in heavy conditions.
The Lotus one has also some impressive performance, but to place it wherever you want in turbulent conditions requires also some finer inputs.
The Aspen 5 is really some great glider at second bar ! It resembles the Triton 2 S in full speed glide! …To extract the full performance it needs an active piloting for sure and the way to turn it quickly in turbulent cores needs a little time.
The first 3 places are almost equal. Indeed superb machines ! Different taste for everyone …
The most important: Only the pilot will make a difference.